The following articles describe the basic usage and features of Balsamiq Mockups 3 for Desktop. See below for documentation on myBalsamiq and our other products.
Getting Around in Balsamiq Mockups #
- Introduction to Balsamiq Mockups 3
- Balsamiq Mockups 3 Transition Guide
- Mockups Application Overview
- Working with UI Controls
- The Property Inspector
- The Project Info Panel
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Working with Controls #
- Working with Text
- Working with Data Grids / Tables
- Working with Icons
- Working with Images
- Working with Markup
- Working with Symbols
- Working with Site Maps
Next Steps #
- Exporting your Mockups
- Importing Mockups and Symbols
- Linking Mockups Together
- Working with Skins (sketch vs. wireframe)
- Full Screen Presentation Mode
- Extensions to Balsamiq Mockups
Frequently Asked Questions #
- Does Mockups automatically save open files?
- Is there a Mockups Viewer to share my prototypes with my clients?
- Can Mockups Export to HTML/CSS/JS, XAML, Ruby, etc?
- Can I use Symbols and Assets across Projects?
- Can I add a custom control or icon?
- Can I reuse common elements across mockups?
- Is there a more formal skin for Mockups?
- Can I save Mockups files on a Microsoft Sharepoint Server?
- What are Custom Properties?
- Can I Install Mockups from the Command Line?
- What's the maximum canvas size for a Mockup?
- Finding Your Local Data Storage Folder
Documentation for Other Balsamiq Products #
Documentation for myBalsamiq and our plugin products is listed below:
- Mockups for Google Drive
- Mockups for Confluence: User Guide - Admin Guide
- Mockups for JIRA: User Guide - Admin Guide