Thank you for using Balsamiq Mockups. We hope you’ll be able to find the answer to your problem here and be able to get back to work on your mockups quickly.
You can find detailed documentation of the Balsamiq Mockups editor used in all of our products below.
- Managing Projects in Mockups for Desktop
- Mockups Application Overview
- Working with UI Controls
- The Property Inspector
- Working with Text
- Working with Data Grids / Tables
- Working with Icons
- Working with Images
- Working with Markup
- Working with Symbols
- Working with Site Maps
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Importing and Exporting
- Linking Mockups Together
- Working with Skins (sketch vs. wireframe)
- Presenting Your Work
- Using Symbols, Images and Icons across Projects
- The BalsamiqMockups.cfg Configuration File
- Command Line Options
- Improving Mockups Performance when working with remote files
- BMML File Format Specification
- Custom Properties
- Finding Your Local Data Storage Folder
- Extensions to Balsamiq Mockups
Frequently Asked Questions #
- Does Mockups automatically save open files?
- Is there a Mockups Viewer to share my prototypes with my clients?
- Can I add a custom control or icon?
- Can I reuse common elements across mockups?
- How can I use non-latin text in Mockups?
- Is there a more formal skin for Mockups?
- Can I save Mockups files on a Microsoft Sharepoint Server?
- I’m having performance issues with Mockups: it’s slow / sluggish for me. Help?
- Does Mockups for Desktop run on Windows 7?
More Balsamiq Documentation #
Documentation for myBalsamiq and plugin integration with the systems Balsamiq supports is also available:
- Mockups for Google Drive
- Mockups for Confluence: User Guide - Admin Guide
- Mockups for JIRA: User Guide - Admin Guide