This section covers the most frequently asked questions related to the licensing of our software. If you have a question that is not answered below, please contact us.
If you are looking for our current price lists, please view our pricing pages here:
- Mockups for Desktop
- Mockups for Confluence
- Mockups for JIRA
- Mockups for FogBugz
- Mockups for XWiki
- Mockups for Google Drive
You can find our End User License Agreement (EULA) here.
You can find a copy of our W9 here.
1. Pricing and discounts
- How much do Balsamiq products cost?
- What’s the difference between version X and Y of Mockups?
- How are users counted in Balsamiq licenses? Are they named or concurrent users?
- I have two computers that I personally use. Do I need to purchase two licenses?
- Can I request a quote or invoice in a currency other than US Dollars?
- Are there any discounts if I purchase multiple software licenses at the same time?
- We use both Confluence and JIRA, can I use the same Mockups license for both? Do you offer any bundle discounts for Balsamiq Mockups for Confluence and Balsamiq Mockups for JIRA?
- We purchased Balsamiq Mockups for Desktop, but now would like to also use a plugin version. Is there any discounts for using both products?
- Are there any discounts for government organizations?
- Are there any discounts for academic institutions?
- Does Balsamiq offer reseller discounts?
- Why don’t you offer a 10-Editor license level for $10 like Atlassian does?
- Can I get Mockups for free?
- Are there any applicable taxes?
- Can I request a quote?
- What is the process for ordering Balsamiq products?
- How can I submit a purchase order (PO number) to Balsamiq?
- My company uses JIRA Studio, what are our ordering options?
- Do your plugins work with Atlassian OnDemand?
3. Payments and license delivery
- Which payment methods are accepted, and what are your payment terms?
- How can I pay an outstanding invoice?
- After I purchase a license, do I need to reinstall the software?
- How is the software distributed? Will I receive a CD-ROM or shrink-wrapped product?
- After an order has been placed, how and when can the license key be accessed?
- Can I evaluate a product for free, before purchasing it?
- Can I get a refund or upgrade after purchasing a product?
- How do I update my credit card information?
- I paid by credit card online, can I get a paid invoice for our records?
- I lost my license information. Can you email it to me?
- Can I use the same license information on multiple machines?
- I can’t register: the Activate button stays disabled. What can I do?
- How do I transfer a Mockups for Desktop license from a user to another?
- What is the difference between an ‘upgrade’ and an ‘update’?
- What upgrade paths are available?
- How much does it cost to upgrade my software license?
- How can I order my software upgrade?
- When does my upgraded maintenance begin?
6. Software maintenance (support and updates)
- What is software maintenance?
- How do I update my software?
- How is support provided?
- When does my plugin maintenance start?
- Can I purchase more than 12 months of plugin maintenance?
- What happens after the first 12 months? Can I use the plugin without active software maintenance?
- Why should I renew my plugin maintenance?
- How much does it cost to renew my plugin maintenance?
- Can I change the maintenance renewal dates on my licenses?
- Can I upgrade or downgrade when it’s time to renew my maintenance?
- How can I purchase a maintenance renewal?
7. End User License Agreement
- Our legal department would like to make some changes to your End User License Agreement (EULA). Is that ok?
- Your EULA refers to the grant of publicity rights to Balsamiq. What does that mean? Can we change that?
- The EULA is governed by the laws the State of California, USA and gives exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in San Francisco, California, USA. Can we remove this or change this?
8. Customization and Professional Services
- Does Balsamiq offer product training and demonstrations?
- Does Balsamiq have a professional services team who can assist with on-site training, implementation and/or software customizations?
- Can I request a feature?
- Are your products Open Source software applications?
- Can I use wireframes made with Balsamiq in my presentation / book / website?
10. More Questions?
- Please contact us! If you have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to contact us