Balsamiq Mockups licenses are based on assigned (named) users. We do not offer concurrent (floating) licensing.
A assigned user is any individual with the permission to create and edit mockups using the application.
Additional users can be added at any time by upgrading your license.
- Mockups 3 for Desktop:
- Licenses are tied to assigned users, not particular machines. Each assigned user can install it on any machine they use regularly.
- Volume licenses are valid for the number of assigned users stated on the invoice/receipt.
- You can transfer a Mockups 3 for Desktop license from one user to another following these instructions.
- Mockups for Google Drive: subscriptions are tied to a single Google account / email address.
- Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA:
- In these plugins we call users "editors."
- Licenses purchased directly from Balsamiq do not need to match your Confluence or JIRA user levels (you can, for example, register a 10-editor Mockups for Confluence license on a 500-user Confluence installation).
- Each Mockups for Confluence or Mockups for JIRA license is for one Confluence or JIRA instance. You will need to purchase a separate license for each Confluence or JIRA instance where users want to create and edit mockups. However, the same license can be used in both a production and staging environment.
- Only assigned, licensed editors can create and edit mockups, but all users in your Confluence or JIRA instance will be able to view mockups for free.
- A assigned editor is counted towards the editor limit, whether logged in to the application or not.
- Instructions on how to select plugin editors are here: Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA.