Balsamiq Mockups licenses are based on named users.
A named user is any individual with the permission to create and edit mockups using the application.
- Mockups for Desktop: licenses are tied to people, not a particular machine. Each user can install it on any machine they use regularly. You can transfer a Mockups for Desktop license from one user to another following these instructions.
- Mockups for Google Drive: subscriptions are tied to a single Google account / email address.
- Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA: in these plugins we call users "editors":
- Licenses purchased directly from Balsamiq do not need to match your Confluence or JIRA user levels (you can, for example, register a 10-editor Mockups for Confluence license on a 500-user Confluence installation).
- Only assigned, licensed editors can create and edit mockups, but all users in your Confluence or JIRA instance will be able to view mockups for free.
- A named editor is counted towards the editor limit, whether logged in to the application or not.
- Instructions on how to select plugin editors are here: Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA.
Additional users can be added at any time by upgrading your license.