This section covers the most frequently asked questions related to the licensing and purchasing of Mockups 3 for Desktop. Other useful links for Mockups 3 for Desktop are the Mockups 3 for Desktop Documentation and our Tutorials and Videos.
You can compare our products here.
- How to choose a wireframing / prototyping tool. Is Balsamiq the right tool for me?
- How does Balsamiq compare to other UI/UX tools?
- Can I evaluate a product for free, before purchasing it?
- How is support provided?
- Can I request a feature?
- Does Balsamiq offer product training and demonstrations?
Pricing and Discounts
- Current pricing for Mockups 3 for Desktop is always available on our website.
- How are users counted in Balsamiq licenses? Are they named or concurrent users?
- I have two computers that I personally use. Do I need to purchase two licenses?
- Can I request a quote or invoice in a currency other than US Dollars?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- Can I get Balsamiq for free?
- Are there any applicable taxes?
- Can I request a quote?
- What is the process for ordering Balsamiq products?
- Can I submit a purchase order (PO number) to Balsamiq?
- Can I get an audit of our past purchases?
- Will you sign my purchasing-related form or sign up for my vendor portal?
- Do you have software resellers?
Payments and License Delivery
- Which payment methods are accepted, and what are your payment terms?
- After an order has been placed, how and when can the License Information be accessed?
- Can I get a refund after purchasing a product?
- I paid by credit card online, can I get a paid invoice for our records?
- I lost my License Information (key). Can you email it to me?
- How do I register Mockups 3 for Desktop?
- After I purchase, do I need to reinstall the software?
- Can I use the same License Information on multiple machines?
- I can’t register: the Activate button stays disabled. What can I do?
- How do I transfer a Mockups 3 for Desktop license from a user to another?
- What is the difference between an ‘upgrade’ and an ‘update’?
- Mockups 3 for Desktop upgrade pricing is here.
- How can I order my license upgrade?
Software Maintenance (Support and Updates)
- Is there a maintenance fee for Mockups 3 for Desktop? No.
- How do I update my software?
- Are updates for Mockups 3 for Desktop free?
End User License Agreement
- Our legal department would like to make some changes to your End User License Agreement (EULA). Is that ok?
- Your EULA refers to the grant of publicity rights to Balsamiq. What does that mean? Can we change that?
- The EULA is governed by the laws the State of California, USA and gives exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in San Francisco, California, USA. Can we remove this or change this?
- Are your products Open Source software applications?
- Can I use wireframes made with Balsamiq in my presentation / book / website?
Customization and Professional Services
- Does Balsamiq have a professional services team who can assist with on-site training, implementation and/or software customizations?
- Is Balsamiq Section 508 compliant?
More Questions? Please contact us! If you have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to contact us