What Is Atlassian Marketplace?
Launched at Atlassian Summit 2012, Atlassian Marketplace is Atlassian’s app store for plugins and extensions. Marketplace is the preferred way to purchase plugins and extensions. You buy from Atlassian directly, and Atlassian shares the revenue with the maker of the plugin.
Learn more about Atlassian Marketplace here.
Are Balsamiq Plugins Available on Atlassian Marketplace?
Yes. Direct links below:
- Wireframes for Confluence Cloud
- Wireframes for Confluence Server
- Wireframes for Jira Cloud
- Wireframes for Jira Server
Who Should I Buy the Plugin From?
New Atlassian Confluence Cloud users will need to purchase from Atlassian Marketplace. Existing Balsamiq for Confluence customers on Cloud should consult our Balsamiq Wireframes for Confluence Cloud Transition Guide.
New Atlassian Jira Cloud users will need to purchase from Atlassian Marketplace. Existing Mockups for Jira customers on Cloud should consult our Balsamiq Wireframes for Jira Cloud Transition Guide.
Altassian Server users: although we may eventually need to transition all of our plugin customers to Marketplace, at the moment you have a choice. You can either buy from Marketplace or buy from us directly.
If you chose to purchase directly from Balsamiq, you can do so directly on our website:
While pricing and maintenance terms are very similar, each option has its pros and cons.
If for some reason our plugins or their licensing and pricing don’t match your team’s needs, we also have two other products that can be used with Jira or Confluence. Details about the differences between our plugins, myBalsamiq, and Desktop are here.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Buying My Server Plugin License from Atlassian Marketplace?
- Buying from Atlassian Marketplace means only dealing with Atlassian instead of having to deal with two separate vendors.
- You will buy from Atlassian, with the same terms and purchasing system you’ve already used to buy Confluence or Jira.
- You can synchronize your Balsamiq renewal dates with your other licenses.
- Purchase more than one year of maintenance at a time.
- It is possible at some point we will need to transition all of our plugin customers to Marketplace. If you buy from Marketplace now you’ll save yourself the potential headache of switching in the future.
- At the moment, if you purchase from Balsamiq, your Confluence or Jira license tier doesn’t have to match the license tier of our plugins (i.e. you can install a 10-editor Wireframes for Confluence plugin on a 100-user Confluence installation). This level of freedom is not available on Marketplace, at least at the moment. If you’d like this to be added to Marketplace, tell Atlassian!
What Are the Pros and Cons of Buying My Server Plugin License from Balsamiq?
- At the moment, if you purchase from Balsamiq, your Confluence or Jira license tier doesn’t have to match the license tier of our plugins (i.e. you can install a 10-editor Wireframes for Confluence plugin on a 100-user Confluence installation). Note it is possible we may need to change our licensing in the future if all our add-on licenses are sold in Marketplace.
- We are another vendor to deal with.
- We have our own purchasing system.
- You get separate bills, on separate schedules.
- It is possible at some point we will need to transition all of our plugin customers to Marketplace. If you buy from us now, you should know that we’ll potentially migrate you to Marketplace in the future (of course we’ll give plenty of advanced warning and do our best to make the transition easy).
I’m an Existing Server Plugin Customer, Buying from Balsamiq. What Changes for Me?
Your existing license will continue to work. You can continue purchasing upgrades and maintenance licenses from Balsamiq, and some customers have an option to migrate to Marketplace.
While we will take steps to encourage customers to migrate to Marketplace as Atlassian improves its offering, we currently have no plans to stop selling maintenance and upgrade licenses to our existing customers.
I’m an Existing Customer, Can I Move to Marketplace?
Yes! If you are using Wireframes for Confluence Server or Wireframes for Jira Server on your own server, and you have a matching license, or are willing to upgrade your Balsamiq license to match your server levels, then you can migrate your Balsamiq-issued license to Atlassian Marketplace. Details are here.
How Do I Enter My Marketplace or Balsamiq Plugin License Now?
Please refer to the Admin guides below: